Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

30 Songs {Introduction}

keep calm because #music is #life

As most of you probably know, I love music.  Instrumental, vocal, show tunes, singles, Disney...I love all of it (or most of it - I refuse to listen One Direction or Justin Bieber).  I've decided to showcase just some of my favorites over the next month or so and while I can't promise a post a day (life, you know), I can promise at least three a week.  There'll be thirty songs with a count up instead of a count down (so the first post will be #30, the second post #29, etc, etc.).  

If you can believe it, I wasn't able to get all my favorites on the list - and please don't rise up in arms when you see whatever the bottom song is (I honestly can't remember what it was right now) because it was incredibly hard to pick a least favorite and since what I like at any given moment changes all the time, I'll probably have a different choice before this series is over :)

I'm probably not going to start posting until much later this week because I'm still debating over some of the songs on the list (I can't decide whether or not I love Defying Gravity or not) and I also change the order of the songs (see what I told you?).  The majority of the songs will be from musicals (with most of those being from Les Mis - your problem?) although there's several Disney ones as well.  I actually think it's only Disney and musical songs.

Anyway, that's the intro to 30 Songs.  I hope you'll find a few new favorites in the following weeks :)

3 comments:

Beth Claire said...

This is a great idea! I can't wait to hear about all your favourite songs.
I absolutely adore songs from musicals. They usually tell a great story or convey an emotion beautifully...and best of all they usually have an actual point!
Another thing I love about songs from musicals is the stunning orchestrations and CLIMAXES!
There is no way I would attempt and write 30 favourite songs. There are just far to many I love.

My favourite songs from Musicals though would have to be:
All of Les Mis!
If I Loved You from Carousel, Tonight and Somewhere from West Side Story. Someone Like You and In His Eyes from Jeyll and Hyde.
I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar. Memory from Cats. Pretty much the whole of Evita. How Could I Ever Know from Secret Garden. Pie Jesu from Requiem. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom Of The Opera (and every other song in it, but this is my favourite).
Summertime from Porgy and Bess (which is actually an Opera).
Wow, That is a ton already and I can think of a quadrillion more...so I'd better stop now before I post an enormous comment!
Love, Beth
P.S Oh, and Defying Gravity...that song is splendid!

Eva said...

Oh yes, I LOVE climaxes in musical songs! I always get chills, no matter what the song :)

Katelyn said...

Don't forget "For Good" from Wicked, too! :) And I LOVE Les Miserables too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...