Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

30 Songs {#26}


This song is amazing.  Two men - Valjean and Javert -singing at cross purposes, shouting out their lines ("You know nothing of JAVERT!").  While the 10th anniversary concert version of this song is awe-inspiring, the movie is actually better (a sword fight - how epic is that?).  The only thing that could've made it even better was the addition of the end lyrics (which are my favorite part).

And this I swear to you tonight...
There is no place for you to hide...
...your child with live within my care...
...wherever you may hide away...
...and I will raise her to the light.
I swear to you, I will be there.

The first time I watched Les Mis (the 10th), I thought that there was another confrontation when Valjean and Javert are in the sewers (well, there technically is, but I thought they did the same singing-at-the-same-time thing).  I looked up that it again a few days ago and I realized what gave me that idea - there is a small section where the lyrics do overlap.  That was interesting to figure out :)

Is the Confrontation one of your favorite Les Mis songs?  What is your favorite version of it?

4 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Nothing to say...you said it so well. Awesome song, really impressive...I prefer Colm Wilkinson and Philip Quast's performance, because of their AWESOME vocals, but the movie is very dramatic.
Really enjoying this series! :)

Eva said...

Well, the movie and the 10th are basically tied but the movie version is just so EPIC that it sort of is my favorite (I don't think that sentence made any sense).

I'm so glad you're enjoying the series!

Miss Jane Bennet said...

By the way, I wrote an Enjolras post...this has nothing to do with your post, but I thought you might be interested because of Barricade Boys Week and all. If you enjoy it, would you show it to Amy and Petie? I understand that they share my sentiments on the subject of Enjolras. :)

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Sorry...I forgot to give you a link to it. Here it is.
http://regencynovel.blogspot.com/2013/08/defending-enjolras.html
Hope you like it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...