Search This Blog

Saturday, August 03, 2013

30 Songs {#27}


[Be prepared for a glut of Les Mis songs over the next few days - I think the next four or five are all LM]

In My Life probably wouldn't have made it on to this list a few months ago but after seeing the film's version, I really started to like this song.  Amanda Seyfried is perfect as Cosette, both acting and voice wise, and her portrayal was the first one that really made me like Cosette.  As a certain someone pointed out, Cosette is described as a 'lark' in the brick and Amanda's voice sounds very fluttery and birdlike :)

In my life,
There are so many questions and answers that somehow seem wrong.
In my life,
There are times when I catch in the silence the sigh of a faraway song.
And it sings,
Of a world that I long to see,
Out of reach,
Just a whisper away, waiting for me...

I also like this song because I think it's one of Marius' best parts (any Marius, except for one ;).  His lines are pure poetry ("In my life, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun!") and almost every Marius I've seen during this scene has adorable acting (especially when it comes to swinging Eponine around).  There was this one In My Life video on Youtube (which I can't find now) that had the cutest Marius/Eponine/Cosette ever.   I had a perpetual grin on my face while was watching it :)

Do you like this song?  What is your opinion of Cosette?

5 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

I love this song as well! The movie version was really cute...and it's just a really nice song. I love this blog series! :)

Eva said...

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun doing it :)

Samantha S. said...

I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!! Especially the movie version. I loved Amanda Seyfried's voice. She is my absolute favorite Cosette. If you want my answer on how I feel about Cosette, please visit my blog A Cowgirl And A Dream. Link: http://cowgirlandadream.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-battle-between-cosette-and-eponine.html. I'm really trying to spread word since I'm new to the blogging world. I can't wait for the rest of the countdown!
~Hannah S.

Beth Claire said...

This song is gorgeous!
I was so disappointed because they don't have Cosette's part on the Original London Cast Recording that I have. They have another song called "I saw him once" which is lovely but IML is way prettier!
Have you heard the In My Life that Cosette sings in the Orginal French Concept Album? It is amazing, the girl who sings it has the most captivating voice. Its called "Dans Le Vie-Cosette" (I think...)
I love Cosette, I don't know how anyone could hate her (or Marius for that matter..), she's super sweet. Especially when she's played by Amanda Seyfried.
Although, I wasn't really a fan of Katie Hall's Cosette.
Beth xxx

Katelyn said...

Same here, Eva! Before the Les Mis movie, I really didn't like Cosette, but Amanda Seyfried really changed my perspective on her. Her voice is simply stunning And yes, the movie version is ADORABLE (Love the 'Marius spinning Eponine' part, too). My all-time favorite version! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...