Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bunches of Random

Robin Hood --bbc series I recently got sucked into. The first episode was so cheesy but it got better and I was hooked in no time :)

I don't have anything in my head that would make a long post (besides the 30 Songs post series which I don't feel like doing right now) so I'm just going to talk about a bunch of different things with no rhyme or reason :)
  • As you may or may not have guessed from the above picture, I'm sort of obsessed with BBC's Robin Hood at the moment.  I finished watching Season 1 yesterday and I'm debating about whether or not to review each season individually or all in one shot (thoughts?).  Now, unfortunately I know all the spoiler bits (like who dies and who leaves and who lives) but it isn't really spoiling the series that much for me (and some of the more minor deaths like Roy and Allan's brother did catch me by surprise).  My top three favorite characters are Will Scarlet, Robin himself, and Sir Guy (please don't judge - I find that he's an extremely complex character and I love studying him and trying to figure out what he's going to do next).  In that order :)  Oh, let me direct you to this exquisitely beautiful little fan-video.  It's really sad but if you're a fan, you'll love it.
  • And my siblings are constantly saying "A clue: no" and "Look, I'm not tryin' to be funny, but..." =)
  • My writing is going really well.  I've got over 45,000 words in my novel now which means I'm about three-fourths done (approximately).  The story is really flying along and I'm just hanging on - I haven't been working in it very much these past few days because of sickness and life in general but I'm planning on getting back to it this week.  I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year and I'm going to finish Torn Hopes sometime in September, plot and plan my NaNo novel, write that one in November and then starting revisions on TH in December.  And I have another project that I'm collaborating on with Sierra that's based on the 'what if the main character of a book fell in love with the reader' thingy.  It's really fun to write but it's been on the back burner for a bit because I have so much other things to do.
  • I just want to give a general shout-out to my followers/commenters.  Your comments truly make my day and even if I don't respond to every comment, I always read them  Thanks, guys :)
  • Oh, and speaking of comments, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the Combeferre, Gavroche and Marius from the amazing high school production of Les Mis that I reviewed commented on that review!  It was so thrilling.
  • I've been reading a lot lately.  Some of the books I've been enjoying (or not...) are Tess of the d'Urbervilles (amazing book but so heartwrenching), Wuthering Heights (ugh, ugh, ugh.  The worst classic book I've ever read), Harvest of Rubies (a novel I've been wanting to read for a long time - it was excellent) and the Bible.  Now, I read my Bible every day but today I finished reading it through in exactly one month.  It was very intensive, interesting and just all around amazing.  Would I do it again?  Definitely.  But not in the near future because I've got so much going on right now.
What have you been doing lately?  Do you have any ideas for future posts I could write?

3 comments:

Hayden said...

oh my goodness, we finished Season 1 of Robin Hood last month, and our library stiiillll hasn't gotten seasons 2 or 3 yet (apparently the insp channel is going to start playing Robin Hood this fall, though...insp is one of the few channel we have, and whenever it shows a commercial for Robin Hood, the room erupts with applause from my siblings. Yeah. We're a little obsessed at the moment ;) I've been debating about reviewing it myself. (and the death of Roy and Alan's brother was SUCH a surprise. I was just like, WHAT??)

I just finished reading Harvest of Rubies! I thought it was very good.

Petie said...

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT TESS. EMAIL ME LADY.
;)

Eva said...

@Hayden - all three season are on Netflix (at least the Canadian Netflix) and Youtube, FYI :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...