Search This Blog

Thursday, September 05, 2013

30 Songs {#16}


I have mixed feelings about Brave even though I've never watched it (and most likely never will).  On the one hand, the animation is breathtaking (from bits I've seen), the music is gorgeous (Patrick Doyle composed the music so that was a given) and it's set in Scotland (!).  But, on the other hand, I think Merida would drive me up the wall.  I mean, in all the trailers and clips I've watched, she's always talking about 'changing her fate' and 'finding her destiny', which, in my opinion, is more than a little annoying.

But this song...I love it.  My favorite part is the chorus because of the way it flows.  It's like nothing I've ever heard before when it comes to sheer poetry and rhythm.  You really have to listen to it to fully understand what I mean.

I will ride,
I will fly,
Chase the wind,
And touch the sky.
I will fly,
Chase the wind,
And touch the sky.

I haven't listened to any other songs from Brave (although I've listened to most of the instrumental tracks), but I should probably do that soon.

Have you watched Brave?  What do you think of this song?

2 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

My family saw Brave recently- do NOT watch it if you value your sanity. Merida is a spoiled brat who gets everything she wants by turning her mother into a bear. (Well, not intentionally, but that's about the best you can say about her.)
However, the music is gorgeous, there are awesome Scottish accents, and the scenery, even though it's fake, is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is one of my favorite animated movies! Merida is a little rude, but what teenage daughter doesn't have a fight with her mom? I love the message through this, though I don't care all about "destiny" and "fate" part of the story. I like this song, but I love the song "learn me right" better.
~Hannah S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...