Search This Blog

Friday, September 06, 2013

Elegant Blogger Award {& Tag}

Elegant Blogger Award

Maribeth awarded me the Elegant Blogger Award a while back and I've just gotten around to answering it (I've been so busy these past few days - where does the time go?).  Here are the rules...
  • When you receive the award, link back to keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com and the blog that nominated you.
  • Display the award button in the post.
  • Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions).
  • Nominate 12 bloggers. {note from Eva - I'm not going to do this because everyone I know has either been tagged already or doesn't ' do' tags}
  • Notify them that they have been awarded.

And here are the questions...

1. What made you decide to start blogging?  I've had several blogs before this one, so I'll just talk about why I decided to start this blog :)  This blog was originally called Elinor and Emma and it was just about Jane Austen.  Which was fine, up to a point.  That point was when I started broadening my horizons - I discovered Les Miserables, The Scarlet Pimpernel, other classic books and period dramas, started writing in earnest, got tagged several times (and the tags weren't JA related) and this blog was turned into an all-purpose one.  But the driving force behind my blog is Jane Austen (hence, the title) and always will be.

2. What is your fashion style?  Hmmmmm...I like tailored clothes.  Blouses, pleated skirts, no 'fussy' details (like bows, ribbons, frills, etc).  I prefer dark colored clothing to light and denim to cotton.

Pleated denim skirt
I would wear something like this.

3. What is something none of your followers know about you?  Off the top of my head, the first thing I can think of is that when I was ten, I held an albino python.  I don't think I've ever mentioned that before.   My family was at a zoo and we were watching an animal show and then the workers asked for volunteers to do 'something' (they didn't say we would be holding a giant snake and if they had, I wouldn't have volunteered).  Anyway, four kids, including me, came up to the stage and together we all held the python.  It got really heavy.

4. What are some of your blogging goals?  I want to write 500 posts, for a start.  I want to meet all of the friends I've made through blogging and I want to post more.  While I don't see that happening in the near future, due to my busy schedule (school, answering long emails, writing...) but I'm working on at least gathering post ideas so I won't be at a loss for topics.

5. Where is your favorite place to shop?  Any bookstore, but most especially Chapters.  There are usually great deals on classic books there, so I love going and seeing what I can find.

6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?  Five hundred?  I don't know, really.  I'm just happy for each one I get.

7. What are your talents?  Well, I'm not sure how talented I am as a writer, but it is something I love doing, so I'd probably say that's my talent.  Some days I feel like a genius when it comes to writing, and other times I just feel like trashing all my projects.  Speaking of which...I really should get back to my writing.  I've been away for a couple of days and I'm really feeling it :P

8. Are you a leader or a follower?  A mix, I think.  And I don't really know how to explain.

9. What is one of your favorite quotes?  "It is a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done.  It is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known..."  ACK.  That gets me every. single. time.

10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?  A favorite book?  How can I pick just one?  Well, fine.  Glimpses of Truth by Jack Cavanaugh.  Followed closely by Les Miserables, all of Jane Austen's books, Little Dorrit, Bleak House...

11. Out of all of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart – stylish – dressy – graceful – dainty – fine)?  Probably smart.  Not that I'm bragging, or anything, but that's the only adjective that looks like it would even remotely fit me.

12. What is your favorite flower?  Irises.  They're so gorgeous and elegant and purply.  I want to have them in my wedding.
The word iris is Greek for 'rainbow'. The iris flower's meanings are faith, wisdom, peace of mind, friendship and hope. Purple iris is symbolic of wisdom and compliments.  Irises may also express admiration and courage. February is a month of romance and the iris is a fitting symbol.

Iris flower-The word iris is Greek for 'rainbow'. The iris flower meaning are faith, wisdom, peace of mind, friendship and hope. Purple iris is symbolic of wisdom and compliments, yellow iris symbolizes passion, blue iris symbolizes hope and faith while white iris symbolizes purity. Irises may also express admiration and courage. February is a month of romance and iris is a fitting symbol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Eva! Love the comments and the answers! I'm the same with writing.
~Hannah S.

Anonymous said...

By the way, does it say that I am following you blog now?
~Hannh S.

Anonymous said...

*your
~Hannah S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...