Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Announcing Robin Hood Week & Farewell

Random picture, just because I love it.
Robin Hood Week is the big event that I've been keeping under wraps since...oh, about three months ago.  I was actually planning on doing it sooner, but I wanted to finish Season 3 of the BBC Robin Hood first, and then school, writing, emailing friends, etc, got in the way and I'm only just getting around to having it all organized now.  I was also thinking about doing NaNoWriMo this year, but soon realized that doing a blog party and writing 2,000 words a day in a new novel wouldn't work out.  Maybe next year.

<3Anyway, I'm so excited about this blog party, and I'm sure you'll all love it.  I was considering doing a Robin Hood week completely devoted to the BBC show, but not all my readers have seen it, and I really love the books and other film adaptions, so this blog party will focus on different adaptions and such.  Although there will be a huge amount of BBC Robin Hood posts ;)  

Now, the reason I'm promoting this so early is because there's going to be a writing contest as one of the events, and I thought you guys would want to have a fair notice, so you can write and edit your entries.  There's only a few rules, the main two being that your entry has to be between 50 and 5,000 words and it has to be clean.  You can write a poem/ballad, a re-telling of a Robin Hood story, or even a bit of fan-fiction.  Just so long as it's Robin Hood related.  You can start writing now, but I will not be accepting any  entries until the contest officially starts in November.

I've made up three buttons that you can put up on your blog sidebar to spread the word about this upcoming blog event.  Let me know if the HTML doesn't work and I'll see if I can fix it.

TEXT TO APPEAR



TEXT TO APPEAR


TEXT TO APPEAR


As for the 'farewell' part of this post title, I'm going to be away for about a week, and although I'll still be able to moderate/answer comments, there will be no new posts because I didn't get any scheduled (I really should have, but the time got away from me).  However, here a list of posts I hope to write when I get back - besides the ones for Robin Hood Week, of course.
  • Rigoletto film review
  • Finish up the 30 Songs blog series
  • My Les Miserables live experience (no, I haven't gone yet, but I will in just a week)
  • My new writing project
  • Queen Mother review
Are you excited about the Robin Hood Week blog party?  Do you have any ideas for posts that you'd like to see on this blog?

6 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

SQUEEEEP! This is going to be so much fun, and I'll definitely try the writing competition! :)
I took a blog button...and by the way, I LOVE that Robin and Marian picture. <3
Have a good week off! :)

Peregrin said...

This looks amazing! :) I'm participating in Nanowrimo but I may just be so tempted to do the writing contest too. <3
... Wait, you're going to see Les Miserables in a week LIVE? <3 That's so amazing! I saw it live back in March. It's been my favorite high school memory so far. Just. Oh gosh. Words cannot describe.

Vellvin said...

So doing this! Great idea! :D

God Bless,
Vellvin.

Alyssa Faith said...

I'm doing NaNoWrimo this year, but I am so tempted to do this contest! I just adore Robin Hood, and I had no idea BBC has a tv version! I'll have to check that out. I hope it's clean! :)

Anonymous said...

WOOT!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Great. Now I REALLY have to watch the BBC Robin Hood. : P

-Eowyn-

P.S. I heartily approve of your blog header. Especially the Errol Flynn and Disney Robin Hoods. *nods*

P.P.S. WAIT. You're seeing Les Mis LIVE?!?!?!?! YAY!!!!! I want a long post or email. Whichever suits your fancy. : )

Eva said...

@Alyssa - hey, your name is the same as one of my FMCs :) Anyway...BBC's Robin Hood is pretty clean, only a few iffy bits. If you want to email me (elinorandemma@hotmail.com), I'll send you a list of what you need to be aware of :)

@Eowyn - I'll DEFINITELY be sending you a long, squealy email ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...