Search This Blog

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Soundtrack Spotlight {Air Bud}

Air Bud (“Air Bud”)   The dog shoots hoops. What else needs to be said?

I like the Air Bud movies, but I don't talk about my interest in them very much, because it's the kind of thing that admitting to liking it is akin to killing any thoughts of maturity people may have of you (hmmmm...that sentence sounds oddly-worded, but I'm sure you all know what I mean - and I'm sure most of you have little 'guilty' obsessions like that).  But I still like them, although I hardly ever watch them anymore (our library has all the movies, or did at one time, and my siblings and I were averaging about two re-watchs a week for the longest time).  They're incredibly cheesy, the plots for all the movies are exactly the same, and, for the most part, the acting is bad (except for the first two).  I think one of the reasons I like them so much is the music.

It's epic in the fullest sense of the word.  I mean, it's the kind of music that can make me cry when I listen to it, and I often have to stop whatever I'm doing at the moment to fully appreciate it and let it all soak in.  It's that good.  My favorite tracks are 'Remembering Dad' (lots of melancholy, but a beautiful melody), 'Buddy and Josh: Together At First' (chills every. single. time.), 'Buddy Makes A Basket' (this one is so vivid in that I can see the whole scene playing out in my head), 'From The Heart' (the iconic - at least to my family - main theme; my favorite track in the whole thing), and 'The Final Shot' (another vivid track).

Have you ever watched any of the Air Bud movies?  What do you think of the tracks I listed above?

3 comments:

Una Mariah said...

I know what you mean about 'guilty' pleasures; XD mine is watching corny shows from the 70s and 60s on Youtube

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Ooh, GORGEOUS! I love the music...I wonder why so many "cheesy" movies have such amazing music. ;)
And my guilty obsession is another dog, only this one's animated. ;P And the music in Scooby-Doo really isn't too bad either...;)

inklingspress said...

GAH. I. Love. Those. Movies.

Watched the first one again a few months ago and nearly cried. Josh was soooooo cute as a little boy. Those dimples still make me smile. : )

And I looooove the soundtrack. : )

-Eowyn-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...