Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Stuff I've Been Doing/Reading/Watching/Listening To Lately


Sooooooo...what have I been doing lately?

Well, I watched Captain America, for one.  It was so good.  I've wanted to watch it ever since Maribeth reviewed it on her blog, but didn't actually get a chance to until a few days ago.  I had to wait, partly because my parents didn't want the little kids to watch it (because of Red Skull - disturbing imagery, and all that), so I watched it with my two brothers (I actually have five, but the oldest two are who I meant).  They both know a lot more about it than I do, but it really got annoying when they started saying "I just love Captain America and his shield and his outfit" once every five minutes, or so.  It got old quickly.  Anyway, CA is definitely one of my new favorite movies, and I'm really excited about the sequel that's coming out in March.  I watched the trailer yesterday, and it looks really, really good.

Speaking of movies, I thought I'd share my movie to-watch list for 2014...
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (obviously)
  • Despicable Me (I've had good recommendations about this movie from several people, so...)
  • Frozen (this one probably tops my list mainly because of the music - it's incredibly gorgeous)
  • The Christmas Candle (Samantha Barks and Susan Boyle - need I say more?)
  • Wives & Daughters (I'm kind of obsessed with Elizabeth Gaskell period dramas right now)
From Disney's upcoming movie, Frozen!  I'm looking forward to this one...I think it has a Tangled feel.  :)I've been listening to several things lately.  A few of the songs from Frozen have completely entranced me - 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman?' and 'For The First Time In Forever', as just a couple examples.  Also, I've been running my iPod on shuffle lately - it's like eating ice cream and pickles, but it's actually been pretty good lately (sometimes when I shuffle the songs, I end up skipping every one, but this time around it's been wonderful - a lot of great mixes).  Current favorite song?  All In My Mind from A Tale Of Two Cities.

I finished read my sister A Legend Of Honesty last night, and we're going to start The Point Of No Return tonight.  It's been a wonder I got through the first one without breaking down, but I guess reading it for the fourth time changes things a little.  Anyway...I've been reading a mix of different novels, one in particular that I have to review on here pretty soon (I reeeeally don't want to, because it's one of the worst novels I've ever read, but I agreed to do a review in exchange for a free copy [I didn't know what it was like before] so, yeah.  It's awkward).  I actually haven't been reading that many books lately, for some reason, but I'm sure I'll get back to it soon.

As I know not all of you follow my writing blog, I thought I'd give you a little update on how I'm progressing.  I'm almost at 90,000 words in I Will Repay (the novel I started during NaNo) and although I don't think I'll get 100K, I'm sure I'll come pretty close.  It's bittersweet to be coming to the end, because I don't really want to (and yet I do) but as I'll still have two more books to write in the series, it isn't as bad as if it had been a standalone.

What have you been doing lately?

1 comment:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

SQUEEP YOU WATCHED CAPTAIN AMERICA!!! I love that guy. ;) I'm not too sure about Christmas Candle anymore (it hasn't been getting very good reviews), but I hope to watch it anyway. And Frozen is definitely very high on my list of movies-to-watch.
Hehe, your comparison about the shuffle is very...apt. ;P
I love these posts; they brighten my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...