Search This Blog

Thursday, February 06, 2014

30 Songs {#28}

Admission to "The Scarlet Pimpernel" Musical, only $5. Opens tonight!
Link to the song - 'Prayer' from The Scarlet Pimpernel Musical
I've listened to almost all of the songs from The Scarlet Pimpernel musical, and except for a few, I can't say I'm all that impressed.  There are so many 'meh' ones that I couldn't see myself buying the entire soundtrack or even listening to all the songs in a row.  However, some of them are more than good, and even though 'Prayer' isn't one of my favorites out of the musical, I figured it had a place on this list (there will also be other songs from TSP, but they're higher up the list...I think).  The lyrics are beautiful and heartbreaking because, in it, Percy is singing about how he loves Marguerite, but she's changed, so he has to hide his love (and, from what I gather, him vowing to become a 'brainless fop' to keep his secret safe from his wife).

Unfortunately, TSP is such an obscure musical, that I can't find the lyrics for 'Prayer' anywhere, and since I don't know it well enough to quote it, you'll just have to go listen to the whole thing. It really is worth it, though.  I've only heard the original broadway cast version (I think that's what it was) and I don't really have any opinion on whether it was good or bad - the singing was fine, although the voice was different from what I'd imagined it to be (older and rougher than how I typically 'picture' Percy's voice) but other than that, it was good.  Oh, and I've decided to tell you what the next song will be (and do it every post).  I'm not sure why - I just think it might make things a little more interesting...in some way (please forgive the spiritlessness of this post - I'm not feeling well and I'm afraid it's coming across like disinterest :P).

So, anyway, the next song up in 30 Songs is 'When You're Riding Through The Moonlight/A Lovely Night' from Cinderella.

Eva

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...