Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Tale Of Two Cities Week: My Tag Answers


TEXT TO APPEAR

Here are my answers to the tag!
  • How were you introduced to A Tale Of Two Cities?  I talked about this in my 'review' of the book, so I'll just say that I was gradually introduced to it.  Reading it was a natural result of my obsession with the classics.
  • Have you read the book, seen a movie adaption, and/or watched/listened to the musical?  I've done all three!  I've read the book twice, seen the 1935 movie adaption twice, and watched/listened to the musical several times.  I love all three of them.
  • Who is your favorite character?  Sydney, of course, but other than him, it would be Mr Lorry.  He's just awesome and loyal and kind and funny all in one.
  • Who is your least favorite character?  The Marquis St Evremonde.  Ugh.
  • What's one of your favorite scenes from the book (if you've read it)?  I really love the scene where Mr Lorry tells Mr Stryver off about his plans to marry Lucie.  That was such a great part.
  • What's one of your favorite songs from the musical (if you've watched it)?  I have so many favorites, but one of the top ones is 'Never Say Goodbye'.  Pure gorgeousness.
  • Share some of your favorite quotes! (book or musical)  I'm terrible at remembering quotes, so I'll give one of my favorite bits from the musical..."She's still so small, she'll never understand how people fail and lives break down and don't turn out the way You planned.  For now save her the sorrow, for now save her the tears, save grief for somewhere years away, just not today, not here.  For now let her be lucky, for now look down in grace.  Give her time to learn compassion, give her time to learn forgiveness.  Help me find the strength to give this gift to her..."
  • What was the last ATOTC-related thing you did/watched/read?  Writing posts for this week.  Of course.
  • What character do you think you're the most like?  Eh...I'm not sure.  I really can't think of anyone right now.
  • If you could meet any character, who would it be and why?  I think Lucie and I would get along well, but I'm not really sure who I'd most like to see.
Eva

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...