Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

30 Songs {#21}

{some of the more observant of you may be wondering why I skipped from #25 to #21 - the reason is that I had a slight mix-up and, as a result, there will be a few less songs than 30 in this series}

Frozen | Disney | Frozen Heart
Link to song - 'Frozen Heart'

Most fans/critics either don't like 'Frozen Heart' or completely forget about it, but, honestly it's one of my favorites.  Why?  Well, for one, it sets the tone and theme for the whole movie.  I mean, come one, it's about ice, for goodness' sakes, but besides that, the lyrics could also be applied to both Elsa and Hans ('beautiful, powerful, dangerous, bold') which I think is pretty amazing.  Plus, this song is serious, if not a teensy bit dark, but it also has bits of humour in it (you have to watch it, though, to get the humour) with baby Kristoff and Sven.  And that's what the film is like.  Deep and serious, but with a good injection of humour, thanks to Olaf.  And, deep thoughts aside, this song is just plain fun to listen to.  It has a great rhythm (well, yeah, since they haul ice to the song).  Really awesome sing-along stuff.  And that instrumental bit at the end?  I love that.

Born of cold and winter air,
And mountain rain combining.
This icy force both foul and fair,
Has a frozen heart worth mining.

So cut through the heart, cold and clear.
Strike for love and strike for fear.
See the beauty, sharp and sheer. 
Split the ice apart,
And break the frozen heart.

Next song: 'Without A Word' from A Tale Of Two Cities

Eva

2 comments:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

ELSABA DEAR YOU REMEMBERED THIS SONG. Yay! It's one of my favorites--I get CHILLS every time. (And that picture? I WANT IT FRAMED ON MY WALL.)
Kristoff and Sven are soooo cute, I love it--OH AND. Reading this post just made me think of something...SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE AN ELSAN FANVID WITH THIS SONG. It's *perfect*. *looks it up* So far, nobody has--group project? ;)

Eva said...

Of COURSE I remembered it ;) And that Elsan fan-vid idea? GENIUS, GIRL. JUST GENIUS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...