Search This Blog

Friday, March 07, 2014

30 Songs {#26}

Admission to "The Scarlet Pimpernel" Musical, only $5. Opens tonight!
Link to the song - When I Look At You (reprise)
This song.  This song.  I can't put into words how much I love it.  It's very short and simple, but so sad and beautiful at the same time.  I don't really care for the guy who plays (sings?) Percy on the cast recording, but he does an excellent job with this song.  I don't really know much of the musical's plot, or how it was changed from the book, so I'm not sure where this song fits into the grand scheme of things.  But that certainly doesn't stop me from loving it.  It's a song about how Marguerite changed into someone Percy hardly recognizes, but he still loves her even though it happened.  It's such a little song, but it's really a gem.

Oh, you were once that someone,
Who I followed like a star.
Then suddenly you changed,
And now I don't know who you are.
Or could it be,
That I never really knew you from the start?

Did I create a dream?
Was she a fantasy?
I miss her so...
When I look at you.

Next song - Farewell, Good Angel from Jane Eyre

On another note, I've changed my blog design.  What do you all think?

Eva

1 comment:

Miss Jane Bennet said...

LOVE your blog design...finally getting around to commenting. ;) Anyways, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. I'm not pressuring you to do it if you don't have time...just thought I'd let you know. =)
(Btw, I finally actually listened to this song--IT'S SO GORGEOUS.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...