Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Stuff I've Been Doing

random picture because I like it.
First of all, I'm really sorry that's it's taken me so long to post again.  I've got no excuse - basically, I've been Pinteresting/emailing wayyyy too much and neglecting both this blog and my writing blog.  I'd be neglecting Feelsy Feels as well, if I hadn't promised to post every Wednesday.  But I'm back (although not with anything of particular genius to say) and I hope to stay that way for at least a little while (until I slip back into Pinterest's dark clutches).  Ugh.  I'm feeling totally uninspired at the moment, so if this post seems disjointed, rambly, and just plain bad...forgive me.

{writing}

Always.

Okay.  About my writing.  I haven't exactly been doing it.  I mean, I'm still writing, but not in Vengeance Is Mine (go to my writing blog for more information about that project).  More of a...Hunger Games/Rat Patrol alternate universe?  Yeah.  I'm a disgrace when it comes to writing.  There are huge plot holes and gaps facing me when it comes to VIM, so I've taken the coward's way out (again), by writing flit and fluff fan-fiction that could never even get published.  I'm sure it's good practice, but it feels like I'm writing junk food instead of meat and potatoes.  Still...junk food is fun every once in a while, and I'm sure even the strictest vegan gets cravings for a good hamburger now and then.  I'm sure my will to write VIM will resurface soon (after all, I have a lot of time/emotion invested in it), but for now, I'm not going to force it.  Partly because I'm too lazy, and partly because I'm having too much fun with the weird/quirky fan-fic I'm currently working on (it's actually pretty amazing, if you're into that kind of thing).

{reading}

Awesome Four quote from new Divergent book

Four, by Veronica Roth, is insanely, disgustingly good.  While I didn't really like Divergent, the book's hero - Four/Tobias - was amazing, so when I heard four stories (plus three bonus scenes) told from his point of view were being publish, it was on the top of my to-read list.  My parents bought it for me as a surprise present just a few days ago, and let me tell you...the book is fabulous.  I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy it, simply because Divergent failed my expectations, but it was an amazing read.  So, so much better than Divergent.  From the back of the book, I learned that the trilogy was originally going to be written from Four's point of view, and now I wish it had been.  Tris isn't one of my favorite heroines, but Four is definitely one of my favorite heroes, and I think Divergent would've been much better if his side of the story had been fully told.  If you're a Divergent fan, read this book.  If you read Divergent, but aren't really a fan, read this book.  I guarantee you'll love it.

{watching}

http://www.sinemakulubu.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/THG-stills-the-hunger-games-movie-29948608-500-341.png için Google Görsel Sonuçları

Last night, I watched The Hunger Games with my two oldest brothers.  It was even better the second time around and we've already made plans to watch Catching Fire soon - is anyone interested in a review of either or both the movies?  Besides, THG, I've also been watching copious amounts of The Rat Patrol (I doubt I'll write a review of it, since so few people know anything about the show, so I'd be talking into thin air) which is great, and Casablanca.  My list of favorite black-and-white movies is now obsolete, since Casablanca definitely has a place on that list now.  All I knew coming into it was that it was a love story and a classic.  That's it.  Oh, and also that a bunch of iconic quotes originated from it.  Not a very comprehensive list, right?  But I'm glad I didn't go into it knowing every twist and turn, because it was a lot more intriguing not knowing how the film ended.  Honestly, I was blown away by the twists and turns, the gorgeous filmography, and the stellar acting.  I can easily see why it's a classic.

Casablanca Movie Quote Poster in Red  We'll by PeanutoakPrint

And that's about it.  I meant to include a section about what I've been listening to, but I don't really have enough material to fill a big chunk of text (which is what I like to do).  For the past few days, I haven't been listening to much, but I recently discovered Seussical (I was watching an interview with Andrew Keenan-Bolger and his sister and found out he'd played JoJo on Broadway, so I check out the musical) and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.  Some of the songs are...eh, but most of them are fun and energetic, while keeping the unique flavour of Suess.  Also, I've been reading Through Gates Of Splendour and watching The Lorax (I just remembered both those things, and didn't feel like scrolling back up and putting them in their proper place).  I like both, in widely different ways.

What have you been doing lately?

Eva

2 comments:

Elizabethany said...

Definitely interested in a movie review of the Hunger Games....rereading Catching Fire at the moment!!

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Hey, Eva! Just letting you know I've tagged you yet again. ;) Great post, btw! I love these things. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...